We have high aspirations for all the children in our school community and believe that all children should be given the opportunity to reach their full potential. We seek, as a school community, to provide personalised learning opportunities and targeted support to allow every child to flourish.
As we recognise that not all pupils who are academically or socially disadvantaged are registered for free school meals, we reserve the right to allocate Pupil Premium funding to support any pupil, or group of pupils, identified by the school as being at a significant disadvantage.
In order to meet the above requirements, the Governing Body of Evenwood C of E Primary School will ensure that provision is made which secures the teaching and learning opportunities that meet the needs of all pupils.
Our priorities at Evenwood C of E Primary School are:
- The gap between PP children achieving EXS and GDS is narrowed or equal to other children in KS1 in reading and maths.
- The gap between PP children achieving EXS and GDS is narrowed or equal to other children in KS2 in reading and maths.
- The gap between PP children’s progress is narrowed or equal to other children in KS2 at reading, writing and maths.
- The gap between PP children with SEND in KS1 and KS2 is narrowed or equal to other children in reading, writing and maths.
- The gap between PP children achieving age related expectations is narrowed or equal to other children in KS1 in reading and writing.
- Improved attendance data leading to improved outcomes in reading, writing and maths.
- Strategies employed by the school remove or improve some of the circumstances families find themselves in. Parental involvement in learning increases.
This funding is being jointly provided by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport, and will see money going directly to primary schools to spend on improving the quality of sport and PE for all their children.
The sport funding can only be spent on sport and PE provision in schools.
You can view or download our Sports Premium allocation and find out how this has been used at our school.
You may need a product like Adobe Reader (free download) to view our PDF documents on our website.