Our SEN Information Report – which is part of Durham County Council’s Local Offer – provides details about how we support children and young people with Special Educational Needs in our school.
The SEN Information Report was reviewed and updated in July 2019.
At Evenwood C of E Primary, we are committed to the equal inclusion of all pupils in all areas of school life. We recognise the diverse and individual needs of all of our pupils and take into account the additional support required by those children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND).
- We are committed to creating an inclusive learning environment, based upon Christian values, by developing a motivated passion for learning that will enable each child to be the best that they can be.
- To promote respect for each other, as well as the cultural beliefs of others
- To work together to meet the needs of individuals
- To foster understanding, co-operation and tolerance
- To provide quality learning opportunities for everyone in a calm and secure environment
- To model examples of behaviour and lifestyle and an understanding of their rights and responsibilities, to promote active citizenship and make a positive contribution to the school
- To celebrate achievement to raise self esteem and confidence
- To encourage the partnership between the home, school, community and the wider world
At Evenwood C of E Primary School we are committed to equality. We are committed to the academic and personal development of all children, regardless of ability. We aim for every pupil to fulfil their potential no matter what their needs. Our School is committed to anti-discriminatory practice to promote equality of opportunity and valuing diversity for all children and families.
This SEND Information Report should be read alongside the school’s SEND Policy, the Equalities Information and Objectives and the Accessibility Plan.
- Mrs Lindsey Vollans is the Head Teacher and can be contacted on 01388 832047 or by emailing: email@example.com
- Mr David Bowes is our designated SEND Governor and can be contacted on 01388 832047 or by emailing: evenwood@ durhamlearning.net
- Mrs Charlotte Hill is our designated Special Educational Needs Coordinator and can be contacted on 01388 832047 or by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to discuss your child’s SEN in more detail please contact the school to arrange an appointment.
The full range of local support available for children/ young people with SEND and their families within and outside of school can be found in the County Durham Local Offer