We have high aspirations for all the children in our school community and believe that all children should be given the opportunity to reach their full potential. We seek, as a school community, to provide personalised learning opportunities and targeted support to allow every child to flourish.
As we recognise that not all pupils who are academically or socially disadvantaged are registered for free school meals, we reserve the right to allocate Pupil Premium funding to support any pupil, or group of pupils, identified by the school as being at a significant disadvantage.
In order to meet the above requirements, the Local Governing Bodies will will ensure that provision is made which secures the teaching and learning opportunities that meet the needs of all pupils. They will feed back to the Trust.
Our priorities at Evenwood C of E Primary School are:
- Increase the percentage of disadvantaged children achieving EXS in KS1 in reading and maths.
- To close the gap in learning due to the high number of disadvantaged children who did not attend school (76%) during COVID-19 or take up the opportunity provided in home school learning.
- Work with St. Michael’s English Hub to improve teaching and learning in phonics.
- Improve phonics results at the end of Year 1.
- Improve attendance of disadvantaged children above 95.1% through PSA
- Access LA / government funding and initiatives to support families to access technology.
Covid Catch Up Premium Plan
In June 2020 the government announced £1 billion of funding to support children and young people to catch up on missed learning caused by coronavirus (COVID19). This is especially important for the most vulnerable pupils and pupils from disadvantaged backgrounds who we know have been most affected. This funding includes a one-off universal £650 million catch-up premium for the 2020 to 2021 academic year to ensure that schools have the support they need to help all pupils make up for missed learning.
Further details are available here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/catch-up-premium-coronavirus…
The Catch-Up Premium Plan for Evenwood C of E Primary School is available to view below.
This funding is being jointly provided by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport, and will see money going directly to primary schools to spend on improving the quality of sport and PE for all their children.
The sport funding can only be spent on sport and PE provision in schools.
You can view or download our Sports Premium allocation and find out how this has been used at our school.
You may need a product like Adobe Reader (free download) to view our PDF documents on our website.