We are finding many items of uniform unnamed, lying around school at the end of each day.
- had a lost property assembly where all items of lost clothing have been shown to children and given out
- invited parents to look at lost property and claim their items
- provided all children with an open cubicle for storage of PE kit
- provided all children with a free PE kit bag.
- supervised our younger children in changing for PE
We make every effort to find the owners of items but are unable to store lost clothing for long periods of time as they are a fire risk and safety hazard.
As part of developing independent skills we are keen to encourage your child to care for their own possessions.
Please check that names are in all items of clothing- we recommend not on labels or stick or sew in, but written on the fabric of the item using a fabric pen (to prevent items being taken and labels cut out)
Any items not claimed within a half term will be disposed of.
It is our policy that children do not wear any designer labels or football strips in school apart from fun days.
Thank you for your support in this matter.