Our SEN Information Report – which is part of Durham County Council’s Local Offer – provides details about how we support children and young people with Special Educational Needs in our school.
The SEN Information Report is reviewed annually and was reviewed and updated in September 2020.
At Evenwood C of E Primary, we are committed to the equal inclusion of all pupils in all areas of school life. We recognise the diverse and individual needs of all of our pupils and take into account the additional support required by those children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND).
“Life in all its fullness”
Our vision guides us in all that we hope to be, enabling every part of our community to grow and develop. This means growing in body, mind and spirit in order to flourish and experience the joy and hope of, ‘life in all its fullness’ (John 10.10).
At Evenwood C of E Primary School we are committed to equality. We are committed to the academic and personal development of all children, regardless of ability. We aim for every pupil to fulfil their potential no matter what their needs. Our School is committed to anti-discriminatory practice to promote equality of opportunity and valuing diversity for all children and families. We aim to:
- Provide a secure and accessible environment in which all our children can flourish and in which all contributions are considered and valued.
- Include and value the contribution of all families to our understanding of equality and diversity.
- Provide positive non-stereotyping information about gender roles, diverse ethnic and cultural groups and disabled people.
- Improve our knowledge and understanding of issues of anti-discriminatory practice, promoting equality and valuing diversity.
- Make inclusion a thread that runs through all of the activities of the school
This SEND Information Report should be read alongside the school’s SEND Policy, the Equalities Information and Objectives and the Accessibility Plan.
- Mrs Lindsey Vollans is the Executive Headteacher and can be contacted on 01388 832047 or by emailing: email@example.com
- Mrs Stacey Rand is the Head of School and can be contacted on 01740 651482 or by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mr David Bowes is our designated SEND Governor and can be contacted on 01388 832047 or by emailing: evenwood@ durhamlearning.net
- Mrs Charlotte Hill is our designated Special Educational Needs Coordinator and can be contacted on 01388 832047 or by emailing: email@example.com
If you would like to discuss your child’s SEN in more detail please contact the school to arrange an appointment.
The full range of local support available for children/ young people with SEND and their families within and outside of school can be found in the County Durham Local Offer