We adapt the curriculum and learning environment for pupils with SEN:
The school supports children with SEND in a number of ways by:
- deploying additional support staff to help children with SEND;
- screening each class to identify children with SEND and reviewing their needs and programmes of learning.
- setting targets and discussing them with the SENCO so that individual progress is monitored;
- providing specialist resources where possible and appropriate;
- bringing in specialist support from the Local Authority, from Special Schools and/or specialist agencies for individual children as appropriate;
- involving other agencies such as health services and voluntary organisations as appropriate;
the use of the Speech and Language Service;
- involving parents of children identified as having SEND as much as possible including inviting them to attend regular reviews;
- providing in-service training for school staff to ensure good support for pupils with SEND;
- using the Positive Behaviour Policy to support and encourage good behaviour in school;
- ensuring the designated governor for Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) has regular contact with the teacher responsible for co-ordinating SEND provision at the school and thereby ensuring the monitoring and evaluation processes that are undertaken take place on an annual basis.
The school adapts the curriculum and learning environment for children with SEND in a number of ways.
- buying resources appropriate to the children’s individual needs
- group or one to one intervention where appropriate.
- Prompts including Makaton
We make a concerted effort to ensure that the building and facilities assist access for all.
For example –
- We have accessible toilets
- Disabled parking is available
- Door width meets accessibility requirements
- Ramped access to all facilities is in place
We are a school of equal opportunities and children are treated equally at the same time as we try to meet every individuals needs. Any disabled pupils who are identified as having Special Educational Needs would also have their needs met through provisions in our SEND policy.
Staff have undertaken considerable training to equip them to meet the varying learning styles and needs of pupils. We respond to the specific needs of children in our school.
More details on how we adapt information, our environment and curriculum can be found in the Accessibility Plan which you ca find in the School Policies section of our website.